A lot, and I mean A LOT of folks contact me interested in internship positions. So many, that I had to create this page to provide more information about how it works. We do offer internships, but on a very restricted basis. You need to know exactly what you are getting yourself into before committing to join our team. We ask the following before getting in touch with us:
- Please already reside in Durango.
- If you do not live in Durango, please have arrangements in place such as staying with family, a friend, or friend of the family, etc.
- If you don’t have such arrangements, understand that housing in Durango is very hard to come by and very expensive. It’s can also be difficult to find 1-3 month stints (lessors prefer 6-12 month leases) I cannot help you with housing
- Durango is a beautiful place to live, but it is also somewhat isolated, being 200 miles away from the nearest interstate. There are all the basic living need amenities in town, but don’t count on a bustling night life or cultural scene
- We can only accept one or two interns in the peak summer build season, sometimes going into fall.
- Because of the highly competitive nature, we cannot offer any pay
- You will however, have lots of hands on experience and learn much about the construction and tiny house industry
- Also, a paid position may be open after the internship if you want to stay on, have proved yourself a useful team member, and work is available
- You will be handling a lot of the “boring” work such as painting, clear coating, sanding, cleanup, etc., although you will occasionally get to participate in more fun tasks, and you will get to see builds from start to finish to gain an understanding of the entire process
- You are responsible for providing your own personal safety items such as safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection.
- We are patient and want to teach you, but if you are consistently making costly mistakes on simple tasks, we will have to let you go
If you agree to these prerequisites and this position still appeals to you, then send an inquiry along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org